T L Yap Law Chambers LLC (previously M/s T L Yap & Associates) is a boutique law firm providing specialised legal services in family law, advising clients, both domestically and internationally, in the areas of pre-nuptial and separation agreements, divorces, custody, care and control and access disputes over children, maintenance for children and spouse, division of matrimonial assets and personal protection orders in cases of domestic violence. The firm’s expertise also includes handling guardianship matters and cross-border disputes involving jurisdictional and forum issues as well as relocation and child abduction.
We listen carefully to your problems and ask the right questions to understand your specific needs. Our approach is to provide practical solutions and sensitive client care. We explain the legal options available to you and the strategies for achieving the best possible outcome in your circumstance. We believe in exploring with our clients the appropriate dispute resolution options and in facilitating a resolution to the family conflict.
Our team of lawyers have extensive experience in dispute resolution, and are accredited mediators, collaborative family practitioners, parenting coordinators and Child Representative. We believe in helping our clients resolve their disputes amicably where possible and to discuss and explain to our clients the appropriate dispute resolution options.
We understand the challenges and emotions arising from the breakdown of a marital or parental relationship and the importance of giving paramount consideration to the welfare and interest of the children. We will journey with our clients towards reaching a sustainable resolution.
To benefit from our individualized approach to marital and parental conflict, call us for a consultation today.
Yap Teong Liang was called to the Bar of England and Wales (Middle Temple) in 1991 and admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in June 1992. On 10th June 2002, he set up his boutique law firm specialising in Family Law.
Teong Liang has represented high net worth clients and handles cases involving foreign marriages, cross-border international jurisdictional and forum issues (Australia, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States of America), complex child abduction and relocation cases, child custody and access cases, maintenance for the child and wife, division of matrimonial assets and family violence. He is listed as a Preeminent and Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer in the Doyle’s Guide.
Teong Liang also practices as a Collaborative Family Practitioner, Parenting Coordinator and is an Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre and an Accredited Mediator with the Family Justice Courts and Regent’s University, London (Mediation and Psychology). He is on the panel of Cross-Border Family Mediators of Mediation bei Internationalen Kindschaftskonflikten (MiKK), Berlin, Germany and the Cross-Border Family Mediator’s Network.
He was Chairperson of the Family Law Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore from 2006 to 2015 and is currently the Chairperson of the Family Law Section and Vice-President of LAWASIA.
He is appointed by the Chief Justice as a member of the Family Justice Rules Committee constituted pursuant to Section 46(1) of the Family Justice Act and appointed onto the panel of Child Representatives by the Family Justice Courts since October 2014.
Present and Past
- Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre and is on the Family Law panel of family law mediators and the Collaborative Family Practice panel of the Singapore Mediation Centre.
- Accredited mediator with Regent’s University, London (Mediation and Psychology).
- Accredited Mediator with the Family Justice Courts
- On the panel of Cross-Border Family Mediators of Mediation bei Internationalen Kindschaftskonflikten (MiKK), Berlin, Germany
- On the panel of Child Representatives of the Family Justice Courts
- Member of the Family Justice Rules Committee
- Chair of the Family Law Children’s Rights Chapter of the Professional Affairs Committee of the Singapore Academy of Law
- Chairperson of the Family Law Section and Vice-President of LAWASIA
- Council member of the Law Society of Singapore – 2004 to 2009
- Vice President of the Law Society of Singapore – 2006 and 2008
- Chairman of the Family Law Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore – 2006 to 2015
- Member of the Ethics Workgroup
Yap Teong Liang
Tan Hui Qing